Marlowe Fire and Security have been working in partnership with Northumbrian Water Limited since 2003. As a testament to our longstanding relationship and high standard of service, we were able to expand our service offering with Portable Extinguisher Maintenance in 2011 and further still with the provision of Fire Systems Maintenance, inclusive of Gas Suppression Systems, Fire Extinguisher Maintenance and Minor Installation in 2019. The longevity of the relationship comes down to service excellence & consistency of delivery.
SUMMARY OF SERVICES: Planned and responsive maintenance, minor installation
SOLUTIONS: Fire alarm systems, gas suppression, fire extinguishers
CONTRACT START/END: 2010 – ongoing
GEOGRAPHY: North East and South East England
Northumbrian Water Limited (NWL) consists of Northumbrian Water in the North East and Essex and Suffolk Water in the South East. They provide water & sewage services within these regions and their goal is to be the national leader in the provision of sustainable water and waste water services.
The combined NWL estate consists 262 locations of various types and functions, both manned and unmanned. The sites range in size and complexity from Head Office sites to Laboratories and Sewage Treatment Works.
During the term of our contract, we provide:
Preventative and reactive maintenance of fire systems across the estate
Appropriate integrity testing for the gas suppression systems
Production and maintenance of zone plans for each site
Servicing of approximately 3000 fire extinguishers across the estate
Repair / replacement of fire extinguishers as required
Reporting and management of site assets.
We pride ourselves on our ability to offer market leading customer service for every client in a bespoke manner. For NWL this consists of:
Customer Service and Technical Support
- Utilisation of our 24/7/365 Service Helpdesk, which is manned at all times, to receive reactive attendance requests and dispatch service engineers and support as required. Suitable escalations and systems in place to manage critical attendance requirements appropriately.
- Dedicated Key Account Manager to ensure that all areas of customer service and technical support are consistently provided to the expectations of our prestige customer, with administrative support as and when required.
- Dedicated Technical Support by our Regional Technical and Training Managers (North and South), who have worked very closely on the contract to ensure they provide direct support to the Service Engineers and identify areas for development and upskilling where appropriate.
- 24/7 emergency response which is supported by our 24/7/365 manned Service Desk
- With our CASH operating system, integrated skills matrix and GPS Vehicle Tracking System our Operators can allocate the most appropriate skilled / located Service Engineer and track their progress.
- To ensure all emergency call outs are achieved we will utilise our dedicated regional engineering teams of service engineers, approximately 40 in total, who operate from their home locations and are strategically placed to ensure maximum coverage across the estate.
- As NWL and ESW are critical utility service providers, It is crucial that systems remain operational. Our stringent business continuity plan is intrinsically linked to their contingency plans to ensure that in a critical event we can deploy the appropriate measures required in support. These are regularly reviewed.
- Dedicated Key Account Manager situated in the North East, who is highly experienced with the water utilities sites and bespoke procedures and a second support in the Southern region conduct surveys and provide quotes as required. They remain ultimately accountable to NWL to ensure that any issues are dealt with efficiently and definitively
- We have two Regional Service Managers to cover NWL requirements & manage service deliverables. As well as two Lead engineers to undertake audits and provide technical support
- A highly streamlined escalation process is implemented to our Commercial Sales Director and Service Director to ensure all critical issues are resolved at board-level, if required.
Due to the bespoke nature of NWL’s requirements, we carried out the necessary due diligence to ensure Engineers are trained & certified competent to support across the various different locations. This includes undertaking specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements, contract specific inductions, Hazard Awareness & Water Hygiene training.
NWL supplies water and sewerage services to just under 4.4 million people making them essential in keeping homes & businesses running. Health & Safety and Compliance are crucial to the Utility sector and something Marlowe takes seriously. We maintain the premier certifications available to our industry and are subject to rigorous and regular third-party audits. We hold a range of Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental assurance accreditations including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications.
Shared values have been clearly demonstrated across our long standing partnership. NWL’s values include being Customer Focused, Ethical & Results driven which we have been able to evidence in our own operation through our dedication to adding value and protecting what matters.
NWL are focused on protecting the environment in everything they do and are pleased to see this echoed through the supply chain.
We’re proud of our sustainability initiatives. These include; reduction of carbon emissions through our fleet management via our partnership with Lightfoot, reduction of repeat visits through our multi-disciplinary approach & ability to First Time Fix with our individualised van stocks. As a result we are certified as a Gold Fleet by the Energy Saving Trust with an achievable target of being carbon neutral by 2024.