Fire Alarm Panel and System Operation
ACTIVATING THE ALARM
The Fire Alarm System can be activated in the following ways:
1. ‘Breaking’ the glass in a Manual Alarm Call Point
2. A rise in temperature activates an Automatic Heat Detector
3. Smoke activates an Automatic Smoke Detector
4. Automatic Smoke Detectors can be Air Sampling type, which have pipes connected to the Boxed Detector
5. An ‘EVACUATE’ signal is received from the Landlord or other Tenants Fire Alarm System
KNOWLEDGE CENTRE MENU
WEEKLY TEST ROUTINE
To test your Fire Alarm please take the following actions:
1. Notify your Customers, Staff and your Alarm Receiving Centre of an imminent Alarm Test.
Please also notify any other Tenants or the Landlord if the system is interconnected.
2. Activate the *Signal Test Switch beside the Panel (*if fitted).
This switch will automatically isolate outputs to the Landlords System, and any auxiliary items such as H & V Plant Controls and Conveyor Shutters.
3. Test the operation of the system by activating a Manual Call Point using the Test Key provided.
Check all Alarm Sounders are operating and that the activation is reported on the Control Panel.
If not isolated by the Signalling Test Switch, check operation of auxiliary devices such as Auto Closing Doors, Shutters and the Heating & Ventilation System.
4. If the tests are satisfactory then Silence the Alarms and then Reset the system.
Record the Test in the log book (choose and activate a different Call Point each week, so that they are tested in turn).
Any faults found with system during the test should be reported to the Regional Premises Department immediately.
Record the Test and the Fault in the log book.