Job Title: Commercial Contracts Manager
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Based: Manchester or Risley Office / Home Based
Job Purpose Summary
As we undergo a period of significant growth, we require an individual to join us as Commercial Contracts Manager, providing support to our highly successful Sales, Account Management and Operational Delivery Teams in the review, negotiation and governance of our private and public sector customer contracts.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- The review, negotiation, and management of the division’s contractual activities, highlighting, negotiating and mitigating key contractual risks.
- Redefine the Division’s approach to contractual review, negotiation and governance.
- Review of customer contracts of purchase, utilising Standard Form Contracts and our Customer’s bespoke contracts.
- Direct negotiation of contracts with our customers contractual and commercial teams.
- Assessing and highlighting key contractual risks to relevant stakeholders and support in risk mitigation.
- Communicating with all interested parties so that all understand the terms of the contract and their obligations under it.
- Oversee contractual governance in operation delivery.
- Review and renegotiation of existing contracts.
- Resolving any and all contractual disputes.
- Reviewing, refining, redrafting and consolidating the Division’s standard Terms and Conditions of Sale and Purchase.
- Creation and implementation of customer and supplier contractual governance processes.
- Providing guidance and training to the Sales and Operational teams on key contractual terms, areas of risk and successful contractual negotiation skills.
- Management of the Divisions insurance renewals, property lease agreements, trademarks and intellectual property rights and outsourced legal advisors.
We are looking for someone who has previous experience in successful contract negotiation in a similar role. Our ideal candidate has:
- A commercial mind and a highly driven and tenacious attitude.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, experience liaising with and influencing both internal and external stakeholders.
- A relevant degree or have equivalent relevant experience in the review and negotiation of commercial contracts.
- Competent and knowledgeable in all Standard Contract Forms (JCT, NEC etc.) and relevant legislation.
- Good knowledge of construction practices and details.
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines.
- Ability to manage a bust workload and ability to prioritise, quickly find solutions and to focus on critical issues when independent decision making is required.
- Analytical, reflective and reasoning skills coupled with the ability to solve problems.
- Collaborative, supportive and able to demonstrate commitment to customer service excellence.
- Previous experience working within an Engineering environment (desirable)
- Full UK Driving Licence as the role will involves some occasional travel.