Job Title: Divisional Accountant
Reports to: Financial Accounts Manager
Based: Salford Quays
Job Purpose Summary
Due to company growth, we are currently seeking a highly motivated, qualified accountant, ideally with previous finance experiences of best practice along with attention to detail, determination, drive and creativity. This is a challenging role with future growth strategies and prospects, which will offer the successful candidate opportunities to lead and develop with the business.
Marlowe PLC is an AIM listed, nationwide, critical services group and has expanded considerably through acquisition in recent years. The Fire division of the group now consists of eight companies and is likely to expand further. As a result, we now require a qualified accountant who will be responsible for reporting to the group on a divisional basis as well as ensuring that companies within the group are compliant with best practice, group policy and accounting standards. Marlowe Fire and Security Ltd is the largest company within the division, and as such, operates as the lead company within the division. This role will sit within Marlowe Fire and Security Limited but will operate division wide.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the Financial Accounts Manager, Finance Director and Financial Controller, developing close working relationships with them.
- Ensuring accurate consolidated monthly management information and analysis is delivered to internal management in accordance with the monthly reporting timetable.
- Reviewing the submissions from all companies within the group and investigating variances and KPIs.
- Establishing an internal audit function and undertake control reviews on the companies within the division.
- Onboarding newly acquired companies within the division, and assisting the integration team in moving them onto the group reporting structure.
- Ensuring that acquisition balance sheets and consolidation adjustments are correctly prepared and identified.
- Being the main point for all companies within the division and assist in accounting and finance matters as required.
- Assisting in preparation of the group’s annual financial statements in line with FRS102 and assisting the Financial Controller with further analysis required under IFRS.
- Assisting with Corporation tax compliance and analysis for the group’s tax advisers.
- Ad-hoc support including reporting analysis and other special acquisition projects.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with a good knowledge of accounting standards. Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience of group consolidation accounting.
- Good knowledge of control environments.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- A tenacious approach with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Experience within a deadline driven environment.
- External / Internal audit experience would be preferred.
- Sage 200 and Tagetik experience preferred but not essential.
- ACCA / ACA qualification
Salary: £33,000 – £35,000 per year