Job Title: Finance Apprentice
Reports to: Financial Planning & Reporting Accountant
Based: Salford Quays
Job Purpose Summary
Do you want to earn whilst learning?
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to take the first step on the ladder to a career in finance within a fast-growing business. You will be given full exposure to all areas within the busy Finance Department and through a fully funded study package you will work towards and gain a CIMA qualification.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
What are some of the key responsibilities you will cover?
- You will gain experience in all aspects of finance, starting with basic transactional processing, progressing to more complex work.
- Experience will be gained in sales ledger and purchase ledger processing and day-to-day banking, moving on to assistance with accounts preparation, analysis and project work.
- Hands-on training will be given on our recognised accounting and billing systems and other software (including Sage 200C and Microsoft Excel).
- You will work closely with experienced members of the finance department while being supported to eventually gain the professional accountancy qualification, CIMA. The route to this depends on existing qualifications and may involve AAT and Accounting Technician exams.
- Educated to ‘A’ level or degree standard would be advantageous
- English and Maths to GCSE level and preferably Maths ‘A’ level would be advantageous
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Able to show high level of self-motivation and initiative