Job Title: HSQE Manager
Based at: Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
Marlowe Fire & Security are looking for an experienced HSQE Manager on a permanent contract.
You will join the HSQE Department, reporting into the Head of HSQE based in Manchester. As HSQE Manager you will identify, coordinate and drive quality, safety and environment improvements, working with the Management teams to continuously improve the facility and product supplied to customers. You will be required to drive a culture that stimulates high levels of HSQE performance and continuous improvement. Experience working within the Fire & Security industry or Facilities Management would be advantageous however not essential.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Ensuring that all health, safety and environmental legislation are adhered to at all times and any instances of non adherence escalated accordingly.
• Managing the HSQE function, including supervision of HSQE staff to ensure delivery of objectives.
• To provide interpretation and guidance on HSQE legislation as required.
• To prepare and develop HSQE strategies, policies and procedures.
• Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks can be reduced throughout the Company.
• Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across the sites.
• Reviewing and auditing arrangements for HSQE management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
• Promote a proactive HSQE culture through engagement with the workforce, supervision and leadership.
• Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to equipment and Company processes.
• Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for HSQE reporting and statistics.
• Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
• Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced environment.
• Responsibility for the planning and management of HSQE resources and budget to ensure that requirements
both Company and regulatory can be met.
• Manage all current Company accreditations and obtain new accreditations as and when required.
The successful applicant for the role of HSQE Manager will have the below required qualifications & skills;
Qualified to NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma level or equivalent.
Significant HSQE Management experience.
Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
Proven experience in driving changes and improvements.
Excellent communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious.
The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
Hold a current Driving Licence to allow for travel between Company locations and sites.
Experience within the Fire & Security industry / Facilities Management.