Job Title: Learning & Development Manager
Reports to: HR Director
Based: Salford Quays, National Travel Required
Job Purpose Summary
In order to drive continual performance and develop our Learning & Development offering, we are looking for an experienced stand-alone L&D professional who can help to shape our learning and development offering, assess training needs and support in the design and delivery of training courses for all company employees.
If you’re looking for the next step in your Learning & Development career or to enhance your HR experience by specialising within the L&D sector then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- You will be the first port of call for all L&D queries.
- Identification, design and implementation of training programmes.
- Liaise with Key Stakeholders to ensure process improvements are being made.
- To collate feedback after each course and to evaluate its effectiveness.
- Ensure a robust L&D Policy and Process are in place.
- Assist with the ongoing, long term improvement of employee’s skills enabling them to fulfil their potential within the organisation and look to exceed their perceived abilities.
- Identifying learning and development gaps or needs within the organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with managers and the HR Department.
- Cost analysis of planned programmes and keeping within budgets, continually assessing the return on investment.
- Working closely with the technical training managers to develop and manage an effective Apprenticeship Engineering Programme and technical development plans.
- Lead the Apprenticeship levy and any Apprenticeships.
- Monitoring and managing the Appraisal Programme.
- Update and improve the Induction programme and be responsible for the Induction and on boarding plans for all new recruits.
- Developing bespoke personal development plans.
- Producing and presenting training manuals and materials for in house courses.
- Amending and revising programmes as necessary in order to adapt to changes occurring within the work environment.
- Assisting managers in solving specific training problems either on a one to one basis or in groups.
- Keeping up to date with developments in training requirements; continually researching new technologies and methodologies in the workplace.
- Provide ongoing support and advice to line management in relation to specific performance management issues, ensuring solutions are met and performance improvement plans are followed through.
- Work closely with the HR and Compliance Departments to ensure training certificates, matrix’s and portals are kept up to date.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative to deal with problems encountered
- Ability to work effectively on your own as well as part of a team
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail & proactive approach
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm/passion for HR and L&D
- Confident & Friendly individual
- Focused & Flexible
- Be able to prioritise workload on a daily basis and work to deadlines
- To hold or working towards a CIPD Qualification
- Has worked in a Service Lead Business or the Fire and Security industry previously
- Has experience with the delivery of training