Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Divisional Head of Marketing
Based: Salford Quays and National Travel
Job Purpose Summary
Marketing plays a critical role in mitigating uncertainty and risk during the acquisition onboarding process.
The Marketing Manager will establish a combined marketing and brand strategy to guide the company along the path to a successful integration, to mitigate customer confusion and concerns, drive lead generation and conversion, and mitigate business continuity risks.
Every acquisition that Marlowe plc undertakes provides opportunities for synergies to be extracted through cost reduction or potential revenue and customer growth through market penetration or market development. A key objective in this role will be to identify those synergies and present proposals for implementation.
The candidate will report into our Divisional Head of Marketing and work alongside our existing Marketing Executive forming part of the wider centralised, Bid, Marketing and Commercial Support Team.
The role is within a fast growing business where there are many opportunities to learn and further their career development.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Brand Strategy and Integration
- Assess the brand equity of the acquired company and leverage this analysis to determine the future brand portfolio and strategy, in alignment with all existing brands across the division.
- Define and execute the combined brand strategy to customers and team members through consistent communications.
- Design and develop Divisional brand collateral in line with corporate identity.
- Execute Graphic Design and Brand Creatives.
- Create a post acquisition Marketing & Communication Plan to position the company to accomplish revenue growth objectives while instilling confidence among all stakeholders.
- Understand the current and planned marketing campaigns and activities, and determine if a change in course or reallocation of spend is required.
- Customer, revenue and pricing analysis to determine potential product and service development/offerings in existing or new markets.
Internal & External Communications
- Coordinate, manage and deliver Internal and External communication strategy to employees, customers, partners, and the market consistently through the subsequent phases of integration.
- Organise town halls to outline vision, brief employees on branding and comms plans.
Marketing Operations Integration
- Manage the transition of the acquired company’s sales and marketing assets, databases, customer service portals, websites, sales collateral, as well as liabilities and existing commitments such as budget committed to events, advertising etc.
- Drive cost synergy realisation through the consolidation of suppliers such as marketing agencies, hosting providers, and marketing software licenses eg. SEMRush, Pure 360.
- Map customer overlaps and seek opportunities to up-sell or cross-sell from a product/servicing perspective or regional perspective.
- Ensure that the sales teams understand the cross-selling opportunities created by the acquisition, develop cross sell and up sell materials and coordinated marketing campaigns to communicate the benefits of the acquisition.
- Enable campaigns required to mitigate against potential customer and/or partner churn.
- Define a digital marketing strategy to leverage the most impactful digital platforms of the combined entity.
- Develop a detailed inventory of digital marketing platforms, websites, domains, social media accounts and all related suppliers.
- Develop lead generation strategy to leverage the most successful campaigns of the combined entity.
- Drive lead generation and customer acquisition through the promotion of the Division’s USP’s, key services and solutions.
Reporting & Analytics
- Align on common marketing reporting methodology and tools to ensure effective coordination, development, and support of essential sales and account management enablers.
- Good understanding of commercial B2B sales and marketing strategy
- Experience of managing multiple projects with time-critical deadlines
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Confidence to work with Senior Managers and Directors
- Ability to persuade, influence and challenge in a constructive manner and identify appropriate solutions
- Strong creative outlook
- Energy, Drive and Enthusiasm
- A good work ethic
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Marketing position
- Degree Educated to a 2:1 or equivalent or above would be advantageous
- The position will require some UK travel
|Job Category||Sales & Marketing|