Job Title: Project Commissioning Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager
Based: Home Based, covering nationally
Job Purpose Summary
Due to company growth, we are now seeking a self-motivated Project Commissioning Engineer to technically review the fire detection systems on a major client’s estate providing testing and reporting on cause & effects and RIT of fire suppression systems and mechanical interfacing across the UK. The successful candidate will also manage small to medium projects across the Marlowe portfolio whilst controlling and planning through to commissioning the works.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking testing, small installations and commissioning of various fire and security systems.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time within programme and within budget.
- Processing and technically reviewing cost sheets to purchasing department.
- Planning and controlling labour and materials required to deliver the project.
- Ensuring all engineering paperwork is allocated to the engineers and following project competition ensure commissioning completed correctly.
- Provide technical expertise as required on projects.
- Attending site meetings as required.
- Line management of assigned engineers and sub-contractors.
- Managing job profitability of assigned projects and reporting into the Project Manager.
- Liaising with key clients to ensure programme deadlines are achieved whilst maintaining profitability, Health, Safety and quality to company requirements.
We are looking for someone who is prepared to work anywhere, at any time to ensure the projects is complete, following all the Marlowe health and safety guidelines, be able to work under pressure in a team environment or on their own. Our ideal candidate has:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A driven and enthusiastic personality.
- Good technical knowledge of major systems and projects.
- Proven experience in the fire and security industry with experience of engineering projects across single and multiple site locations.
- Experience of gas suppression systems.
- Demonstrable technical experience.
Salary: £28,000 – £36,000 dependant on experience