Job Title: Regional Operations Manager – North
Reports to: Service Director
Based: Home Based in the North – covering the North of the UK
Job Purpose Summary
We are currently seeking a Regional Operations Manager to ensure that Marlowe Fire & Security delivers a holistic first-class service to its maintenance customers, operates in line with agreed annual operating budgets and ensures best practice technical support, training and health and safety management. In this role you will be responsible for a £8m P & L consisting of 70 engineers and back-office administration and scheduling team.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing inspirational leadership to all of the Regional Service Managers, Engineers and Subcontractors in your area.
- Ensuring efficient deployment of appropriately skilled resources, parts and materials to ensure the service business operates in line with agreed budgets and revenues.
- Efficient scheduling of all the engineering resource to ensure KPIs are adhered to.
- Ensuring we meet our customer SLA and NSI response commitments on corrective work.
- Ensuring KPIs are set for customer communication of schedules visits and call outs.
- Ensuring continuous Environment, Health & Safety and technical training to ensure all engineers and suitably qualified, experienced and competent.
- Daily monitoring of further actions, outstanding calls and delivery of customer requests.
- Management of the coordination between customer service portal management and scheduling.
- Suitable backlog management of minor works, planned preventative maintenance and correctives to ensure timely service delivery to our customers.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of KPI’s on engineering performance, compliance, efficiency and other operational effectiveness measures.
- Liaising with outsourced services and FMP to ensure the seamless delivery of services.
- Developing the daily operating rhythm of the service department to ensure seamless flow of operational activity in accordance with robust procedures.
- Attaining and exceeding set KPIs on first time fix rates, customer retention and attrition.
- Regular communication with employees to encourage lead generation and incentivising employees to maximise SATOS performance and engineer revenue generation.
- Management of call out rotas and engineers’ overtime to ensure efficient usage and cost mitigation.
- To support the Customer Service Manager to ensure effective management of customer complaints to meet NSI standards.
- Running suitable compliance checks and site audits as necessary to ensure compliance with BAFE and NSI standards.
- Responsible for the health and safety and wellbeing of all engineers and subcontractors on site.
We are looking for someone with previous demonstrable experience in a similar role. Our ideal candidate has:
- A customer focus, ensuring we are consistently delivering a world-class customer service.
- Self-motivated attitude with a strong commercial focus, ability to work at a high level on CASH4Windows, PowerPoint, Sage, Excel and Word.
- Technical knowledge of the fire and security product base and service remote workforce management experience.
- Excellent communication, management and networking skills.
- Strong budget management skills and high-level attention to detail.
- Experience managing a P&L.
- Experience managing employee relations issues such as disciplinaries etc.
- Full UK driving licence