Marlowe Fire & Security today announced the opening of the Company’s new Head Office facility at Lowry House, 5 Ohio Avenue, Salford Quays, Greater Manchester, M50 2GT.
Since rebranding, the organisation has experienced significant organic growth, diversifying their range of specialist fire life safety and security solutions while considerably increasing their national foot print as part of Marlowe plc’s fire and security Division which incorporates the additional operating platforms of; BBC Fire & Security; FAFS Fire & Security; Flamefast Fire Systems; FSE Fire & Security and Island Fire Protection.
The Company now occupies a large 25,600 sq ft – Covid Secure – office facility, within the highly desirable Salford Quays and Media City area of Greater Manchester, home to the BBC, ITV, Kellogg’s and the University of Salford. The move reflects Marlowe’s ambition not only to be recognised as the UK market leader they have become but also to provide all Employees with a state of the art place to work.
The move will also support and provide the space to facilitate Marlowe’s aggressive growth plans as they undergo a significant drive in recruitment to reinforce their Administration, HR, IT, Compliance and Marketing functions.
The highlight of the new space is the Innovation Suite showcasing the latest fire life safety and security technologies. Designed by Marlowe’s in house technical design team, the Suite utilises the latest solutions from Marlowe’s major technology partners and is designed to enable easy and efficient swap out as technology is upgraded and improved.
The space allows Team Members, prospects and customers to see, feel and experience the latest fire and security solutions to help them create safe and secure environments whatever their property, or wherever their premises.
Other features include:
- Technology-enabled conference rooms; where teams can collaborate with colleagues, customers, and technology partners.
- A 5,000 sq ft Warehouse space with 4,000 picking locations with stock product lines for next day delivery.
- A Training Suite; ideal for 1-to-1, small group workshops and technical training.
- Gym facilities, breakout areas, a Zen-room and games station to help improve employees’ health and wellbeing.
- Electric Vehicle Charging; enabling EV drivers to pull up to a charge point and, using their mobile phone, tablet or in-car connectivity, login to the charge point.
- Marlowe Connect II; our backup Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) to support their NSI CAT II certified Birchwood facility.
Rob Flinn, Marlowe Fire & Security Group CEO commented on the move: “We have outgrown our existing building and this move is an exciting and progressive development for us. Our new premises provides us the opportunity to better serve our loyal customers, attract new customers and provide superior training facilities for our 450 Engineers and 300 support staff across our Division as well as offering them the modern, supportive and innovative work environment they deserve”.
Notes to Editor:
The formal opening of the facility is planned for November 2020 – subject to Covid-19 restrictions.
The opening marks the closure of Marlowe’s current operating facility at Matthew Elliot House, 64 Broadway, Salford Quays, Manchester, M50 2TS. The business’ other Regional Centres in Birchwood, Derby, Wellingborough, Newcastle, Norwich and London remain open as usual and are unaffected by this change.