Thermal Imaging Cameras can assist with Fever Screening by detecting elevated body temperatures in large groups of people, in under 1 second, with accuracy up to ±0.3°C.
Any object with a temperature above absolute zero emits a detectable amount of infra-red (IR) radiation. The higher an object’s temperature, the higher intensity of emitted IR. Taking advantage of the differences in IR intensity between objects, thermal cameras make the invisible IR “visible” in the form of heat zone images.
The cameras provide colour images and temperature scales, and sound alarms that can be set to go off when a certain temperature threshold is exceeded. These functions make it easy for an operator to instantly decide whether the subject needs to be referred for medical examination.
The pandemic has generated immense interest in thermal imaging cameras as a tool to identify individuals with elevated body temperatures. We’ve put together a collection of Frequently Asked Questions FAQs about thermal imaging cameras to help you understand the technology.
Thermal Body Temperature Measurement with Fast Deployment
To enable use in different situations, there are a variety of products for rapid and safe preliminary fever screening in a wide range of applications.
Thermographic Bullet/Turret Camera
Featuring a fixed lens bullet camera, this series provides an all-in-one solution capable of highly accurate body temperature measurement.
• Fast and non-contact measurement
• High temperature measurement accuracy to within ±0.3°C (with blackbody)
• Built-in AI algorithm for multi-person measurements up to 3m distances
• Measure up to 30 targets at the same time
• Quick and easy installation
• Flexible deployment
For more information, view the Fever Screening With Thermal Cameras Datasheet.
Temperature Measurement & Face Recognition
Facial recognition is fully integrated with body temperature monitoring.
• 2.5D curved screen
• 7 Inch LCD display with resolution of 1024×600
• 2 MP CMOS, WDR
• Auto fill light reduces light pollution
• Can hold 100,000 users, 100,000 face images, 100,000 cards, 100,000 passwords, 50 administrators, and 300,000 records
• Supports face, IC card, password unlock and unlock through their combinations
• With face detection box; the largest face among faces that appear at the same time is recognized first; the maximum face size can be configured on the web
• Face-camera distance: 0.3 m–2.0 m; human height: 0.9 m–2.4 m
(lens-ground distance: 1.4 m)
• With face recognition algorithm, the access controller can recognize more than 360 positions on human face
• Face recognition speed: 0.2 s per face
• Supports liveness detection
• Accurate recognition in backlight and front light
• Various unlock status display modes protect user privacy
• Supports enabling/disabling the thermometer; temperature measurement range is 30°C to 45°C; temperature measurement distance range report temperature anomaly alarm
• Supports mask detection, report alarm of abnormal events without wearing a mask
• Supports duress alarm, tamper alarm, intrusion alarm, door contact
timeout alarm, and illegal card exceeding threshold alarm
• Supports general users, patrol users, VIP users, guest users, and special users.
Thermographic Handheld Camera
Handheld Fever Screening Cameras are ideal for checking low numbers of people for increased body temperature.
• High sensitivity sensor with 160 x 120 resolution
• High quality 320 x 240 resolution 2.4” LCD display
• Up to 4 palettes
• Wide temperature measurement range: 30°C – 45°C
• Accurate to within ±0.5°C
• Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
• Up to 8 hours continuous operation
Metal Detector Door Solution
Metal detector door and thermal camera all-in-one combining fever screening to stop people with abnormal temperatures from entering, and metal detection indicating the possession of threats such as knives and guns on a person.
• Hygiene – touch-free fever screening
• Convenient – information displayed on LCD
• Long distance verification & measurement
• Combining temperature data and people counting statistics for easy management and query
Wrist Temperature Measurement
Non-contact measurement on the wrist, no cross infection.
• Real-time alarm, quick detection of abnormal temperatures.
• High accuracy, measurement deviation is less than or equal to 0.3°C, and measurement distance is between 1cm to 4cm.
• Real-time display of measured temperatures, normal and abnormal temperature counts on LCD screen.
• Stainless steel bracket.
• Adjustable pole with two different heights.
Airports, Ports & Stations
Companies Deploying Fever Screening Solutions
Screen large numbers of people anywhere at any time
Display and detect critical temperature elevations in real-time
Activates colour and sound alarms
Easy to setup and use
Can be smoothly integrated into public area pedestrian traffic streams
Able to store evidence
Protect public health